Thursday, October 12, 2006

SBQ

I decided to do these - it gives me something to blog about and seeing people answer them on other blogs is interesting and sometimes helpful to read the answers so here goes...

*****
Today's SBQ was suggested by Lee (http://lakestitcher.blogspot.com/)
and is:

As we all know, stitching in the winter can really be rough on the
hands. What do you do to treat your hands well in the cold winter
months? Do you have any suggestions for creams or soaps? Or perhaps a
special regimen that you would like to share?

Being a nurse my hands are always dry since I'm constantly washing them. The only thing that prevents this is not washing them so much but I'm a nurse and that isn't an option. My mom uses this oatmeal mixture that softens hands immediately I forget whats the second ingredient I think it's honey (she works with chemicals that dry out her hands) I've never tried it but if my hands get really bad I would try it. What I do is just put this Bath and Body works lotion on them - It's C.O. Bigelow brand and it's called Dr. Hiosous Quince Hand Lotion. Doesn't smell the greatest (actually it smells like carrots to me) but it does the job and my hands can even handle silk threads afterwards :-)

Here's the picture of Spring Snapperland as promised. I didn't realize how delirious I was earlier LOL. After eating and sleeping I felt much better though.

1 comment:

Leeny said...

Mercy, I'm soooooo jealous! You're getting so much stitching done but it's pretty much zilch for me! *sob* LOL. It's great though, seeing all your work, I'm hoping I will start stitching on a regular basis again.

And yeah, I fixed the problem on my blog, my profile picture wouldn't show automatically before, so I just edited the code to link to the picture directly, so all's good now! Although I'm still a little annoyed with Blogger beta, grrrrr....

Work sucks, but oh well, I have my pretty framed pieces to keep me happy, hahaha. I'm planning to go back to the framer's soon, I've got another piece that I want to get framed!

Keep up on your Snapperland piece, I can't wait to see your next progress piccie! :)