Monday, June 23, 2008

I'm in the phone booth, it's the one across the hall...

If you don't answer, I'll just ring it off the wall
I know he's there, but I just had to call
Don't leave me hanging on the telephone...

Last night I went to see Blondie. My cousin asked me a few weeks ago if I wanted to go and since I knew I'd be on vacation and needed some activities to fill up my days I agreed. I went thinking I only knew 3 songs but found out that I knew a lot more (who knew I was a closet Blondie fan??) The show kicked serious butt! I was actually surprised on how great it was. Debbie was awesome! If I could see them in concert again I definitely would. They didn't allow cameras in but I did manage to get one crappy picture with my phone! Does she not look great???? In other concert news...Modest Mouse decided to throw together a very last minute show this past Thursday (Friday morning) after playing MSG with R.E.M. It apparently sold out quickly but luckily I was on my computer at the right time and bought 4 tickets. So at 12am my cousins and I were on our way to see the show. The last time we went to see them play was lame...it didn't have that modest mouse feel that all the other concerts had. I hoped that this show wasn't like that and you know what?? It wasn't! They played for almost 2 hours and we got home at 4am...drunk and satisfied lol. I luv Modest Mouse! They even played my fAvOrItE song in the entire Modest Mouse would Dramamine!

I did manage to finish something small this Saturday too :-) It's the 6th square in my Red Thread Snappers. I still refuse to work on the border and will pay for it dearly once I get these all stitched up *ugh*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great progress on your Red Thread piece :)