Thursday, November 30, 2006

SBQ

This week's SBQ:

How do you secure your thread when you begin a new one? Specifically,
do you or have you ever used a waste knot?

The permalink to this post is:
http://blondelibrarian.net/stitching/archives/2006/11/to-knot-or-not/


I don't use knots, I think when I first started stitching I used knots but then read that it was a naughty thing to do. As for waste knots, I've never used those either, I can't picture how the first stitch would stay in place after cutting the waste knot off...


1 comment:

Leeny said...

hey mercy! i just want to say that i'm soooooooooo impressed that kelly stitched! and even more impressed that he let you take a photo of him stitching. i think terrence will have issues, if he ever did try! lol. although, it probably won't happen for us, i'm too anal to let him near my stitching! hahahaha....

i dont use knots either to start my stitches, although i do remember when i first started stitching at about 11 or 12, there were knots EVERYWHERE! my sister promptly put a stop to that... *grin*