Monday, February 21, 2005

Long time no blog...

I've been busy with work. This last week was a real killer. I worked 4 days instead of my usual 3 - and 3 of those days were back to back. I'm off until Wednesday and don't even think I'll recover - ahhh the complaints of a working person LOL.

Umm got my first citation which can be seen in a little while. It was pretty nice to receive it, makes working more rewarding when someone thinks your good to them. I had to cover some parts so the pic isn't that fantastical but I had to protect my patient's confidentiality. I have some patient's which can overwhelm me with requests but so far I think I'm doing a good job at keeping them happy. I've had visitors come up to me and thank me for the wonderful job I'm doing at taking care of their loved ones. Of course I wouldn't be able to do it without my preceptor - like I've mentioned before she's sooooooo nice, if I had some mean nurse precepting me then maybe I wouldn't have all these people thanking me. I was actually thinking that once I get switched over to nights then I'd probably lose and miss the chance to interact with pts family members - isn't that funny how I'm super shy and rather not socialize but at work I actually like it?

I failed to mention in my last post that when I went stash shopping I also took something in to get professionally framed. I can't wait to get it back and hang it somewhere. I don't care if it doesn't match anything in the house (the fabric is purple and the frame I chose is red!) it's going up for everyone to see. I just hope it looks nice. I've been stitching it's going slow but I'm stitching. I think I'm getting use to the fact that I'm not going to finish things in the time that I use to since I don't have much time to dedicate to stitching. I'll show a WIP pic soon as well. I love what I'm working on, I hope I just finish it. It's bigger than what I'm use to but like I said so far I'm loving it. I don't take it to work because so far I'm not comfortable stitching there and there's no real place to hide from everyone. Have found that the ICU waiting room is almost always empty so I can hide out there but I get so sleepy once it's time to go back to work that I don't really take long breaks.

Kelly bought me some cool needlework magnets. The Mill Hill one that I had broke -compliments of my cousin who was playing with it. I'll post pics of these soon too. They are really nice and come from Zecca (www.zecca.net) I got them from the needlepoint shop around my job. I don't know but needlepoint is starting to look like something I'd like to do. One day if I have time and it's not crowded I'll ask the lady who works there about it.

I bought 2 new spring jackets. One is so cute - it's yellow and it's a rain coat actually. Makes me feel like a kid again. The other one is really for work/hanging out that was 50% off which was great because I didn't really want to spend $170 on it but was going to force myself to LOL - gotta love Macy's on a Wednesday! Shopping is definitely more fun when you have money to spend. :-)

Well that's all for now I guess - I'm going to upload my pics, get dressed, and get back to stitching until it's time to go out for dinner. I'm hanging out with my cousin's tonight. I wanted Kelly to come but he has to work tonight. It sucks that our schedules don't really mesh because I miss hanging out with him :( TTYL!

No comments: