Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Wondeful Weekend! No Stitchy news though...

Wow what a way to spend the pre-vacation days. Usually a few days before I go on vacation physically my mind decides it wants to go early and it does, to please it I've been going to concerts on my off days (which really were only 2 days off so 2 concerts)

The Killers on Saturday were awesome. I didn't get any good footage of the camera - my cousin had one too many and I was about 3 steps behind him LOL. I feel bad for my "sober" cousin who had to take care of us until the fresh air hit me, then it was us taking care of him. I do have Sam's Town but the file is too big to upload...anyone know of another place besides You Tube that I can use?

Here are 2 videos...sorry about the quality
The Killers - Smile Like You Mean It

The Killers - Bones


Anyway the opening to the concert was great. One of the opening bands were these guys from Japan and they played all Beatles songs. The "older" people in the crowd (myself included) really enjoyed it. It was too dark to film it but the opening to The Killers was NICE!!! They had this white sheer curtain type thing where pictures from Sam's Town flashed on sort of like when the TV goes out and gets fuzzy and then once in a while confetti would get blown out cannonball style, we had crappy seats (I can never get good seats for The Killers) but we still had a good view and like I said the concert was GREAT! My cousin has a gift with making best friends with strangers so we made some new friends that night. Going to work the next night was hard, by 11pm I was almost passed out in my chair THANKFULLY it was a very night, it was so quiet that everyone was complaining how quiet it was - it was like we were waiting for something to happen that's how quiet it was.

Modest Mouse was last night, only 2 of us went since my other cousins really don't like them like my other cousin and I. Sometimes having a girls night out with it being just the 2 of us is nice. She's more like me, so we tend to have a good time whenever we hang. The seats were nice, we weren't able to go up front like at the Bloc Party concert (it was held at the same venue) but the security guard that was with us was really nice. He was like ok guys I move up and you move up and no one will ever know. The show wasn't as great as the first one we went to last year (I really think it was the seats - last time we were up front) but still nice - we danced in the aisle with the rest of the MM Fans.

Here's some MM:
Modest Mouse - Dashboard

Modest Mouse - Bury Me With It


Modest Mouse - Bukowski


I think I'm addicted to going to concerts...I was going to put myself on a concert diet but after this weekend I've decided not to. It's something I enjoy and what's life if you don't enjoy it right? Our next concert is May 18th and we're going to see Talib Kweli, then The Bravery, then The Fray, and then O.A.R. and whatever else we find in between or after :-) I'm still trying to decide if I want to go to Jersey to go see Bloc Party...I really do love them but don't know how far Asbury Park. Oh and I'm also going to the ballet on the 9th to see Romeo and Juliet :-)
Anyone know how one dresses for that?

Well I work tonight so I'm going to take a nap - my throat hurts and I hope I'm not getting sick but I'll be on vacation soon so although it doesn't matter I really don't want to spend it sick.





3 comments:

Cindy said...

It's so cool to see another stitcher who loves concerts :) I just finished doing sort of a scrapbook blog of all of my concert adventures! I have seen The Fray and O.A.R. recently...both have opened for DMB...and are vrey good!

Jamie said...

I love all the concerts you've gone too. I just don't have the money to go to all of them. Asbury Park is about 90 minutes outside the city on the shore. It's a pretty cute, newly rejuivenated beach town. If it's at the civic center it's right on the beach.

Cheryl said...

Oh wow, the Killers looked amazing!! Lucky you! Never heard of modest mouse before. Have you ever heard of the Artic Monkeys? i'd probably say they, along with the Killers, are my fav band. I love the Bravery, only heard one song by The Fray though. Thanks for posting all the videos :)