Thursday, February 28, 2008

Update!

My plans for the past 2 days were to stitch until my fingers fell off but I didn't. Last night I took my grandfather to the ER because he was wheezing, had labored breathing, low grade temp, was weak and in pain. They admitted him, he has pneumonia, is anemic and received 2 units of blood today. I didn't go to see him but my mom did and she tells me he doesn't look so great. They were just beginning to start his transfusion so I figure tomorrow he should be a little perkier once it's all done. *sigh* I had plans on stitching in the ER thinking my aunt would stay at his stretcher side but I ended up being the one standing and giving the info so my stitching stayed in it's bag on the stretcher LOL. Anyway I did get to stitch before we left and here's what I got so far: In other news...today the UPS guy brought me this *squeal*

I've been wanting a nice bag to carry my stash in and when I saw this I thought it might work. I figured if it didn't I could always return it. Well anyhoo since I was going to my not so LNS in NJ today I thought I'd try it out and OMG it's PERFECT!!! I love it so much! It has a pocket for my cell phone and wallet (things I'm forever losing in my current stitching bag) and it's spacious enough that I can put a few projects in. My 10"x14" mesh bags fit in it very nicely unlike my other bag.

Tomorrow is Leap Day...I work *blah* but in one of my groups someone said since it's an extra day that we only get every 4 years we should take advantage of it and do something out of the ordinary...something like splurge on a little stash OR start a new project! Like I said I work so I decided to do it today haha. I bought 6 charts and some fabric, 2 of those charts are things I want to stitch for Kelly. I can't wait to start one so I may start it after midnight OR I may start CCN Summer Garden - decisions decisions!

Well I'm going to blow dry my hair so I can then stitch until my eyes get sleepy. TTFN :-)


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope your grandfather feels better soon. Mercy!!
Leap Day... the perfect excuse for a stash splurge if ever I heard one...LOL!!! Love the bag!

mainely stitching said...

I hope your grandfather will make a full and speedy recovery!

Carol R said...

Best wishes for your grandfather's speedy recovery.

What a great excuse to order more stash - I'm off to NIAH - and I can put the blame on you :-)

Meari said...

I hope your grandfather is doing better, Mercy. Great bag and nice progress on your WIP.

Sharon said...

Sorry to hear about your Granddad! I hope he will be well soon. Love, love the bag! Nice progress your fairy.

Shelleen said...

I hope that your grandfather will be ok. I like your little stitching bag.

Unknown said...

Hope your grandfather is doing better!

I think I got the same email from the Metrostitchers. Did you start Summer Garden?!? Inquiring minds want to know ;)

Carla said...

Hope your grandpa is doing better. Halloween Fairy looks fantastic on that fabric!

Anonymous said...

Glad your grandfather is feeling better.
It is a very nice bag.
Thinking of getting one myself, same colour.