Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I did it!

I just bought a new camera!!! *woot woot* I can't wait until it comes in. I've been contemplating buying a DSLR for a while now...since my first Bloc Party concert in 2006 to be exact. I talked myself out of it because I didn't want something to happen to it at a concert or for it to get lost. Then about a year ago my cousin bought one and again I entertained the idea of getting one once I saw his pictures. I was trying to get out of debt so I couldn't do it last year. Now lately I've been noticing the quality of pictures some people post on their blogs and I've become totally obsessed with getting a new camera. I mean it's so bad that I dream about it LOL. After talking to my cousin on Monday (he's one of my go to guys) I decided to buy it and this morning after taking it in and out of my cart and wondering if I should dip into my car savings to buy it I thought of all the really nice pictures I can take of my cross stitch loved ones and bought it. I'm really happy about this buy :-) Of course I will now have to buy accessories for it *and* actually learn how to use it but for the sake of taking quality pictures of my cross stitch loved ones I can do it! Until next time!

6 comments:

Kim B said...

Congrats on your fancy new purchase!

I still need to learn to use our Canon DSLR!

mainely stitching said...

HOORAY!! :D

tangerinedream73 said...

My parents gave me the same camera just recently. It came in the mail today. I haven't had a chance to play around with it yet. Let me know what you think when yours arrives.

Amy

Carla said...

I'm so happy for you Mercy :)

Carol R said...

I've been checking out this camera too! I look forward to seeing your super duper pictures!

staci said...

Hurray! Can't wait to see some fantastic pics of your cross stitch (and loved ones, lol!)