Monday, March 26, 2007

Random Thought Coming...

So babies wake up atleast 3 times a night and/or every 3 hours as per my cousin. My biggest fear of having kids is that I'll sleep through them crying at night and now I have to worry about not sleeping at all. I'm afraid of getting married, something about it being definite and "where do we/is there to go from here" about it that frightens me and always thought I'd have a kid before I would ever get married but now I'm not too sure...I love to sleep! LOL I know I hung out with my other cousin this weekend who has a 6 and 4 year old and her 4 year old was alseep by 2am and up by 6:30am and she went to bed at 5am so when does she sleep?!?! She didn't look tired the next day so maybe you get use to not sleeping. I've been trying to re-connect with some old high school friends and most of them have kids, I feel like I'm behind but after this sleep issue I think I'm ok with that. I guess it's all worth it at the end of the day...mostly everything is, right?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to sleep heavily and long before kids but since the baby is born you "learn" to wake up when the baby is crying. I don't know if this is because of hormones or what but I manage with less sleep. Of course I have times when I'm totally exhausted especially when twins were small and they woke up every 15 minutes but anyway I wasn't that tired as my DH who didn't have to wake up to take care of the babies.

Dawn B. said...

I used to have that fear myself but all thouse go away with time. You don't have to rush yorself into marrage or babies. Looking back I wished I had waited to have kids and marrage.

Unknown said...

LOL my babies woke up every hour and then took an hour to nurse and go back to sleep, in fact neither of them slept thru the night until they were 2 years old. Besides if your kids cry you will hear them wake up especially if you use a baby monitor next to your bed. MY DH never got up to care for the kids and still doesn't, you eventually get use to running on next to no sleep or you can also nap when they nap which is what I did when they were babies. But I have my kids on a slepp schedule now too, no way would they be up at 2am!

Cheryl said...

In my last post in my blog i wrote about all the friends i have that now have babies. Its very weird. The whole marriage thing didnt bother me, ive been married for 3 years now, but the thought of babies is too scary. I like sleep too much too :)

Sharon said...

Mercy, don't worry about it-you will know when you are ready. I didn't have kids until I was 28-I just knew. The same for marriage.

Cheryl said...

Thank You soooo much for the PIF gift! I got it this morning and i love it. Thanks!

d said...

First, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE FOB! I absolutely love it so much.

Second, don't worry about the kid thing ... my advice is, forget about time and when you decide the time is right to get married and/or have kids, you'll know. And you'll also be a great mom automatically. Sleep when the kid sleeps. That was my secret and trust me, I love to sleep too. It will all come together naturally if it's meant to me.

love ya,
d.

Chiloe said...

My three kids slept through the night at 4 months old. I love to sleep too. My DH did wake up for them too. Remember that they don't stay babies for all their life :)) Time flies. My last baby is already 2 years old. Never forget that the longest you wait to have babies, the hardest it can be to conceive and higher are the risks to have birth defects ... That's also the reality everybody has to remember... Just relax, things will come naturally. Sometimes we imagine things harder than they are. You'll know when you're ready ;) Trust yourself !!!

Anonymous said...

LOL! You develop "mommy hearing" as soon as you give birth, really. And my daughter slept through the night from the start, so that's not even a certainty :)